When Marketing to Mindstates hit shelves in October 2018, I knew it would help marketers across the globe rethink the way they approached marketing. What I didn’t know would still be making waves two years later.
I had the great pleasure of joining Douglas Burdett on The Marketing Book Podcast, a podcast dedicated to sharing forward-thinking strategies from the world of marketing and sales. One of the biggest takeaways I had from the experience was this: The message in Marketing to Mindstates is timeless. Regardless of how much our country, economy, or society may change, biology remains the same.
So many businesses are struggling right now. People aren’t shopping the way they used to, and companies that sell non-digital products are hurting the most. It’s a scary thing, and it makes it even more important to invest your money in tactics you know will provide results every time.
Among other things, Douglas and I discussed:
- Why we make decisions emotionally, and how marketers can tap into this phenomenon to get better results
- Why marketing based on “What customers want” doesn’t work
- The types of goals and motivations customers have when making purchasing decisions
- The best messaging approach for nonprofits
- What cognitive heuristics are and how you can use them to drive consumer behavior
You can listen to the interview here:
From pandemics to cultural shifts, we face a different world today than we did at the beginning of the year. But the proven principles of Mindstate Marketing remain just effective (if not more).
If you want to learn how to apply Mindstate Marketing to your business, join one of our Mindstate Training Workshops or Mindstate Application Workshops. We’ll help you gain a deeper understanding of behavioral science and provide practical instructions so you can implement it and get better, more consistent results.